Winemakers of Rutherglen announce virtual Winery Walkabout for 2020
Winery Walkabout the House with Hot Dub Time Machine
Victoria’s longest-running wine festival, Winery Walkabout, will return on Saturday 6 June 2020 after the Winemakers of Rutherglen announced this year’s festival will take place online with Australian DJ, Hot Dub Time Machine, headlining the event.
Winery Walkabout the House will see Rutherglen wineries come together to virtually showcase the very best of North-East Victoria’s celebrated wines with online wine chats, masterclasses and live entertainment.
The popular wine festival – which usually sees thousands of wine lovers converge on Rutherglen across the Queen’s Birthday long weekend – will bring Australia’s wine community together like never before; offering those who have never been able to get to Rutherglen the chance to participate in Winery Walkabout the House.
Winery Walkabout the House will feature some of Walkabout’s most iconic pastimes, like the festival’s unofficial dress-up theme, with the addition of new activities for 2020. Instead of purchasing a ticket, participants will purchase a wine pack for $85 – a delivery of four bottles of Rutherglen wines to be enjoyed over time.
From 12pm to 6pm, participants will be hosted by wine enthusiast and TV personality, Tim Campbell, and invited to take part in a series of activities, challenges and games to win points for their team. At the end of the day, the team with the most points will be crowned the Winery Walkabout the House 2020 ‘Team of the Year’ and will receive a Rutherglen prize pack.
Winery Walkabout the House will also see a number of independent Aussie musicians come together and stream live performances exclusively for Walkabout participants. Confirmed artists so far include headliner Hot Dub Time Machine as well as blues musician, Ash Grunwald and folk-rock duo, Pierce Brothers, with more performers to be announced over the coming weeks.
For the second year in a row, Winemakers of Rutherglen will partner with DrinkWise to remind participants about the importance of enjoying Rutherglen wines in moderation. Good times and good wine. Winery Walkabout the House wine packs are available to purchase now for $85 with free delivery until 15 May: www.winemakers.com.au/winery-walkabout.
How it will work
- Rally family and friends and organise a Winery Walkabout the House group/team.
- Decide on a team theme and start creating costumes.
- Register the team via the online booking platform and ensure everyone in the group purchases a wine pack (ticket) - www.winemakers.com.au/winery-walkabout.
- Request access to the private Winery Walkabout the House Facebook group.
- Set-up a group Houseparty, Zoom, Google Hangout, etc.
- Be ready on Saturday 6 June 2020 at 12pm.
- Launch your group Houseparty, Zoom, Google Hangout and kick-off with a virtual cheers!
- Tune into the private Facebook group for the official welcome by host, Tim Campbell, and download the festival activity checklist.
- Enjoy your Rutherglen wines and the line-up of live entertainment.
- Get creative and have fun! Complete and submit activities and challenges to win points.
- Find out if your team won Winery Walkabout the House 2020.
- WHAT: Virtual Winery Walkabout
- WHEN /TIME : Saturday 6 June 2020, 12pm-6pm
- WHERE: Houses across Australia
- WHO: Hot Dub Time Machine | Ash Grunwald | Pierce Brothers
- PRICE: $85 (free delivery until 15 May – $10 delivery fee thereafter)
- TICKETS: 4-pack Rutherglen wines – www.winemakers.com.au/winery-
- IMAGERY: https://drive.google.
com/open?id= 1u3CafodwR3SeakRHYB5YWAxsheo_ 3AUJ